Recommended foods are the following:
- First of all, people should eat foods rich in quercetin, because they have a powerful antioxidant, which has the role of helping to lower high blood pressure. These foods are apples, onions, garlic (dilates the arteries and thins the blood), grapes, broccoli, green leafy vegetables, red fruits (blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc.).
- The second tip is to consume foods rich in potassium, such as bananas, oranges, apples, peaches, melons, plums, strawberries, avocados, raisins, dates, potatoes, apricots, pumpkin, pears.
- Foods with diuretic effect: alfalfa, carrots, cucumbers, corn, grapes, legumes, millet, turnips, seaweed, peas, pineapple, spinach, watercress, watermelon, pumpkin seeds, celery.
- Let’s not forget the recommended foods or condiments. These are whole grains, nuts (without salt), quinoa, saffron, fennel, black pepper, basil, tarragon, ginger, parsley.
In addition to the foods recommended above, doctors also recommend certain dietary tips. These are:
- First of all, people should reduce their consumption of meat, fats, fried foods, sausages, legumes, boiled eggs, cheeses, salted fish, and vinegar.
- Specialists recommend daily consumption of fruits, vegetables, and brown rice.
- Garlic is the best food for this arterial misalignment (it is also sold in odorless, tasteless pills).
- Remember that your meals are divided into 5, as some studies warn that the change in glucose levels is related to hypo and hypertension.
Also in this article, I will recommend other foods that can help you control high blood pressure. The list of foods that lower blood pressure is extensive. Some of these are:
- People should not miss bananas, melons, peaches, and nuts in their diets, because their potassium intake is very important for the human body. The role of this mineral helps to balance blood pressure. Some patients reduce or even eliminate their medications, greatly increasing the daily amount of potassium-rich foods.
- I think everyone knows that garlic has many qualities. Its role in human health is to help us control blood pressure. Eating raw or cooked garlic, a few chickens a day, or a few drops of garlic juice dissolved in a little water, will help us in case of hypertension and also in case of cholesterol.
- Eat foods high in calcium, because researchers claim that an extra amount of calcium can influence a considerable improvement in hypertension because calcium would act as a natural diuretic, helping the kidneys eliminate sodium. They also believe that calcium acts as a muscle relaxant and does the same at the arterial level. Some foods that provide us with calcium: kefir, yogurt, sesame, seaweed, poppy seeds, broccoli, etc.