Cellulite represents inflammation of subcutaneous cellular tissue. It occurs due to impaired or dysfunctional circulation at the micro-level. The hard or hollow appearance offers discomfort and occurs due to fluid retention, which impedes blood circulation and lymphatics. The 2 skin components that are altered by it are chondroitin sulfuric acid and hyaluronic acid.
Cellulite is produced due to the following factors:
- tissue oxygenation is diminished by smoking or by the consumption of alcoholic beverages
- another factor for producing this problem is the lack of exercise or sedentary lifestyle
- obesity and overweight
- venous return is prevented by varicose veins and plays a very important role in fluid retention
- Tight clothing is again a problem, as it affects blood circulation
- a diet high in saturated fat
- take oral contraceptives (pills)
Today there are many products and methods on the market that promise the disappearance of cellulite, but their effectiveness is questionable. These include tonic veins (venotonic substances), such as Ruscus aculeatus, hair protectors, such as flavonoids, creams with Asian sparkles or caffeine. Fat extraction is another very good method and is known as liposuction.
Another method is massage, mesotherapy, which consists of subcutaneous injection of drugs that stimulate microcirculation, which claims that the termination of fat deposits.
The best method is based on laser beams and radiofrequency systems that require frequent treatments. The treatments are done twice a week for several weeks, and the results can take up to 6 months, as long as they are administered by qualified professionals.
If you suffer from this problem of cellulite, I recommend you start overthinking your diet because it has to be healthy, and if you are overweight, I advise you to lose weight. If your muscles are tightened, cellulite will be less visible. Weight loss will not only get rid of cellulite, but your health will be much better.